TaKtiX: Laurence J Sinclair

Laurence J Sinclair has been playing the Warlord CCG since the release of the game - mainly thanks to that killer Rathe art. He even stuck with it through that dark time involving Campaign Rathe art. Now he is a playtester and a member of the Warlord Story Team - guiding the armies of the Accordlands into an uncertain future.

24.7.08

Preparatory Stacks

Surely it can't have escaped the attention of anyone interested in reading this here blog that the 4th edition of the Warlord CCG is on its way. I'd go so far as to say 'imminent'. Doubtless a greater proportion of you are even now hurridly sorting through piles of old cards, determining which will be tournament-legal for the new rules incarnation, based upon the steady stream of previews being provided by http://www.warlordccg.de/ and others.

This is all well and good, and I've even gotten so far as bashing together rough decks for each of the non-Chosen Warlords as I've come across valid options in my sifting. Well, Kerebrus is excepted as well, as his card pool does seem to be rather hamstrung by their leader's intolerance.

Segregating the semi-decks away has meant that what remains of the 4E cards fits nicely into a relatively compact space.Of course, once I get my hands on some true 4E product, they'll have to move onto a bigger box, but for now I'm content.

On the other hand, the group of 'non-legal' cards is now bigger than ever. When the last 'resets' for the game rolled around - at Campaign and Epic Editions - I was left with a fair pile of cardboard devouring storage space, but now - after some seven years of playing and collecting this game - it is truly monstrous.

It isn't even sorted. That's the kicker. At this point, where I'm only going to want to look through it to find the odd card for the rare instance when I'll be indulging in an open game, is it really necessary to have it catalogued properly? In recent cases of grabbing a cheap booster box or two off eBay, I'm skimmed all the rares from the packs and simply lumped the rest away without a care.

The proper care and attention for the past is something that I always intend to cultivate, but were I to come across the free time necessary to properly do so, I'm sure I'd rather spend it actually playing the game or building new decks, not dwelling on what was. Yet I don't want to be rid of the old because part of me knows that I'll want it some day. Gah.

Add to all of this the fact that I'll be moving house in a week's time, and I've probably been giving all of this too much thought. It's not as if there isn't a space under the bed that needs to be filled by something so that the bogeyman can't fit under there...

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home