TaKtiX: Laurence J Sinclair

Laurence J Sinclair has been playing the Warlord CCG since the release of the game - mainly thanks to that killer Rathe art. He even stuck with it through that dark time involving Campaign Rathe art. Now he is a playtester and a member of the Warlord Story Team - guiding the armies of the Accordlands into an uncertain future.

9.9.07

Clearin' out the Tumblebleeds

My, it has been a while since I updated this blog at all. I suppose that I really should do something about that, especially with Light & Shadow out and KoHIT approaching. But will that be worth it? Is there anyone out there actually reading this? If there is, please make yourselves known.

Friday saw a tiny four player draft of L&S take place here - this time of year means that one of the student players are in town, since the summer holidays call them home. Still, it went well enough, even if Chris and I both used Kara Wadreth as our warlord and were fighting over the available Free Kingdoms characters.

It didn't seem to be as big a problem as it could have been; L&S is nothing if it doesn't contain well above the usual % of characters for a set, and both of us rounded out our armies well enough. It was finding enough stuff to fill up the other half of the deck that was the problem, and I must say that I've never used Kara's pitching ability half as much as I did that night.

Skrim Spindlespleen and Serolia Calix were the other warlords, the first suffering from a dismal first level character, the second a lack of spells. I myself now have an abiding hatred of Loren; not once but twice did the incompetent dolt critically fail his +8 shot at Haden Rhys, in two separate games against Chris. I wouldn't exactly say that he cost me those games with those specific actions, but it's good to have a scapegoat at times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home