TaKtiX: Laurence J Sinclair

Laurence J Sinclair has been playing the Warlord CCG since the release of the game - mainly thanks to that killer Rathe art. He even stuck with it through that dark time involving Campaign Rathe art. Now he is a playtester and a member of the Warlord Story Team - guiding the armies of the Accordlands into an uncertain future.

21.3.07

Back - and Feelin' Mystical...

Hmm, been a while since I updated this. Almost two months! I'll get better in the future, I promise. Tonight, I guess the fact that I had to slog through updating these blogs for Blogger's new Google features (whatever they are) was kharma's way of punishing me.

Well, I took second place in an eight-person tournament in Barnstaple on the weekend. Not the weekend just gone, but the one before. Shows just how much I'd forgotten about this here blog. Still, so long as I'm updating more often than Dyer, it's all good...

I played Biana the Mystical, lobbing flaming death onto the heads of her enemies and racking up a pleasing number of bonus levels over the course of the event. She destroyed Etra Bloodvine in short order; what does she care if her d'Ilchant Keepers are thrown back a rank or two? That doesn't prevent her from burning your face off, so Biana's still happy. Druids don't seem to have great AC or skill, particularly...

Sargok was next, and as much as a NoThRoG frontliner may hate Etra, so a spellslinger isn't good news either. Take out the Truggs in a barrage of magic missiles and those Grudurks lurking behind them are really left twiddling their thumbs. If possible, NoThRoG seem even more vulnerable than druids...

But since I only came second, I must have lost, right? Correct. Dyer's Tavis deck floored me, but then that's hardly a surprise. Even with his errata, he's still a beast of a warlord, cutting down the low-level pleebs that wizards field with no undue problems, and packing enough spells of his own to total the Astral meatshields that I threw up to hold him off. Vicious.

Still, Biana still remains as my favourite wizard warlord currently. It's not just her escalating efficiency that appeals (although that does resemble an old Ter-Soth deck that I put together, which involved a dirty combination of Spell Mastery, Innate Ability and Magic Missiles for exponential fun), but her OPG order. Wizards in general are reliant upon their hand for dealing out damage, whereas fighters can happily still attack even without anything useful in hand. Biana can guarantee throwing out at least some offense on a critical turn, which is usually enough in most circumstances.

Here followeth the deck list:

Biana the Mystical
Acolyte Dorra
Taika the Disjoined
d'Ilchant Keeper x3

Betray Fate x3
Boil Blood x2
Fiery Bolts x3
Final Power x2
Magic Missiles x3
Retributive Strike

Acolyte Dorra
Adina x2
Alexa Genecourt x3
Ghed Carel x3
Ghed Nuri x3
Olivark the Quiet
Prewitt the Benighted x3
Xaros the Mist x3

Damothien's Dungeon x2

Death's Call
Figurine of Wonder x2
Living History x3
Ring of Vorn x2
Wand of Negation

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home