TaKtiX: Laurence J Sinclair

Laurence J Sinclair has been playing the Warlord CCG since the release of the game - mainly thanks to that killer Rathe art. He even stuck with it through that dark time involving Campaign Rathe art. Now he is a playtester and a member of the Warlord Story Team - guiding the armies of the Accordlands into an uncertain future.

27.11.06

Warlord Advent Calendar

Beginning in December, there's the traditional count-down of days before Christmas, and most people will probably be making ready to set up a piece of cardboard with windows hiding chocolates to aid with the anticipation. Twenty-four days and windows, all told.

Warlord booster boxes in Epic now hold twenty-four boosters each. One is enough to see one through the whole process, at a booster a day...

I'm pondering the idea currently. I don't have many Temple of Lore cards, for one thing, my only purchases so far having been for the coupla drafts that we've held here recently, where I got to witness the hideousness of Sir Lucien and Jeffrey in this format first hand. The artificer sets are also quite deadly. Poor old Aquiela (my warlord for the last draft, on Friday) found herself quite unable to generate much offence; sure, Lorand and three copies of Consume From Within meant that I was never short of characters, but that just drew the game out while I waited for my little Frost Shocks to show themselves... Still, she'll be awesome in constructed. Already got decks for her, Biana the Mystical and Xiathe built, and they look none too shabby.

Looking at the decks that I have built, however, I can see a dramatic change in my faction favouritism. Once upon a time, I was all about elves, looking at nothing else (save the occasional foray into using Kerebrus, Azhraan or Rr'egjen) but now...

My Dev count is three (Biana the Mystical, The Bloody Countess and Cardinal Creigh), dwarves zero (though I plan to do something with Trespass and/or Jorn of the Summit in the near future), elves but two (Aquiela and Laurena Kennet), Free Kingdoms one (Jin Valford, with Huntress Volda waiting for me to get around to updating her for ToL), Mercenaries a mighty four (Ablung the Maker, Black Tom of Corinth, Ter-Soth and Xiathe) and NoThRoG one (Syvonne Ashenstorm is the only one that piques my interest).

What happened? At what point did I diverge so greatly from my initial direction? And when did I go insane and decide to want to build a dwarf deck? Ah, I guess that diversity is a good thing, really. At least I'm getting back into the swing of making wizard decs again, even if most of my wizard rares remain in my folder. My recent rogue amnesty (taking apart all those rogue decks that I had) has freed up numerous Sewer Worms and Cloudracers that were at a premium. Spare No Prisoners! now as well...

But yes, the advent calendar. The plan should give a pleasant surprise throughout the month, and should I pull a copy of The Nemesis in the process, I think that Christmas Day is being rescheduled for then...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home