TaKtiX: Laurence J Sinclair

Laurence J Sinclair has been playing the Warlord CCG since the release of the game - mainly thanks to that killer Rathe art. He even stuck with it through that dark time involving Campaign Rathe art. Now he is a playtester and a member of the Warlord Story Team - guiding the armies of the Accordlands into an uncertain future.

17.5.06

A Slightly Different Follow Up

I was fully intending to follow up yesterday's insightful discourse with mention of a similarly much-neglected aspect to playing Warlord, such as the merits of ensuring that the artwork on your starting line-up is facing outwards, or making noises at the appropriate time to disquiet one's opponents.

Instead, between bouts of slapping around my dissertation, spamming X-net and the Temple (good thing it crashed when it did, or I'd still be there now), I somehow contrived to write another Warlord fanfic, to follow on from 'Down Among the Beast Pens'. Some sort of 'write dissertation - BLOCK - write fanfic - BLOCK LIFTEED - write dissertation - BLOCK...' process went on.

I hesitate to paste it up here, but assure you all (yes, both of you reading this) that I'll have something more directly related to the game tomorrow. Hmm, since Chris is focussing on how to begin the game, maybe I should deal with its end? A five page treatise on why you shouldn't drag out the process of finishing an enemy warlord. Mortal Kombat still has so much to teach us.

No. It'll be something better than that. Not exactly mainstream tactical insights, but then everyone knows them already. The little points that the big guys miss, those'll be my area of expertise. Until I naturally drift away to some other topic less worthy.

So this entire post has been a big waste of time? Well... yes, yes it has. But if you're still reading by this point, then you've persevered through my annoying writing style, and should be more prepared to trawl through it when there is actual information contained therein.

Bet you're all looking forward to that, yes? Mostly with muttered prayers that it needn't be another snatch of drivel like this one. That does mean that I can only improve though.

Warlord attracts an eclectic group of people to its banner, and I'm here to show you just one of the many wildly different approaches. More fool you for paying attention.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home